Thursday, January 13, 2011

Beach 13, SOLD

Click image to enlarge.  Click Title for more views and information

Title: Beach 13 (Number 13 in the series)
Size: 36x53"
Medium: Acrylic on acid-free vellum paper.
Date: 1/8/2011 


For a time it didn't seems as though I would get this one posted.  Got all set up to photograph this morning and was stopped due to my camera's having full memory card.  Got that taken care of and was stopped again because the camera's batteries died and the lens got stuck and would not retract.  Three sets of fresh batteries later plus a call to Canon and finally I was ready to go.  By then the light had shifted!  So I set up in another room where there was still a good light and got some photos that looked at least close to the actual painting.  


Now I am off to Dick Blick in search of a good, acrylic, Manganese Blue.  Neither Artist and Craftsman Supply, Aaron Brothers nor Michaels had one I liked.    I have been using an old Hyplar tube I found at a garage sale long ago.   I don't think this brand exists today.   It's high quality and a rich, deep pigment.  Not a hue.

No comments: