Thursday, April 28, 2011

Loft #13-SOLD

Click image to enlarge.  Click Title for more information and views.


Medium: Acrylics
Size: 24"x30"x1.5" multi-directional.
Title: Loft #13 
Dated: 4/19/2011 


It is difficult to believe that it has been two years since I painted the last Loft painting, #12!  But Aaron Brothers had a canvas sale so...This is the first Loft in all acrylics. Usually acrylics are in the under layer, but then it's all oils.


Yesterday I went with an artist-friend to see the Patricia Patterson retrospective at the Escondido Center for the Arts.   Even though he drove, you would think I had agreed to go halfway across the country.  And to think I used to happily go all the way to Los Angeles or San Francisco to see art! 

It was well worth the trip to this museum "complex".  Patterson's landscapes of the Aaron Islands were my favorites of her works.  But I could not find an example of those to post here for you.  I noted many of  her pieces were courtesy of Quint Contemporary Art of La Jolla, our own quite fine and well-respected small, local gallery.

No comments: