Friday, February 27, 2015

Abstract with Fruit

  
Medium: Oils on archival stretched canvas. 
Colors: blues, greens, purples, reds, yellows, grays, cream. 
Size: 8 X 8 X 1.5"
Date:  2.26.15 


Click on image to see larger view.  Click here for more views. 


Back to one of my favorite painting subjects.   With all its varieties, shapes and colors, fruit lends itself to such fun "decorative interpretation" making it a special joy to paint.  (I would still say it's folk art and I still say folk art is somewhat abstract.)  I'm about halfway through a new painting of fruit, of sorts,  and then possibly a new mini-scape.

Returning to last week's painting, The Kitty Tree, here are some of the thoughts sent in by people imagining what the little bird might be thinking:

"I'd like to chase a cat" included from last post.
"I'd better get the heck out of here"
"I sure am glad I can fly in case they come down from there."  
"What's wrong with this picture"  
"Considering calling the fire department to get 5 cats out of the tree"
"Can I play too?"
"Well,  you may have taken over the tree but you still can't fly"
"Cats wish they were birds"

No comments: