Sunday, September 9, 2007

Useful link: overcoming creative blocks

The painting I was working on for this week's post turned out to be a big (36" x 36" x 1.5") disappointment. After carefully applying the under layers until they looked almost too good to paint over, I proceeded to paint an entirely unpresentable piece over them. So I painted over the canvas again to prepare it for another attempt. And found I had no ideas. No inspiration. Even the art of great masters is leaving me bored!

I tried making some sketches but don't know how they will translate into paintings. I cannot tell whether they work or are boring. Furthermore, now I have only a few days to produce something new for the Thursday blog! After searching online for suggestions on overcoming a creative block, I came across these ideas at About.com that have worked for other artists to overcome a block. Click here to see what they did to usher in INSPIRATION

I guess we will know by Thursday whether these ideas help me! Let me know what has worked for you in the past.

No comments: